A pre-engineered building (PEB) is a type of steel structure built over a structural concept of primary members, secondary members, and the cover sheeting connected to each other. The structural members are custom-designed to be lighter in weight as well as high in strength.
In India, the PEB industry has been in existence for more than three decades now and has been growing at a rapid pace. The Indian PEB industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15% from 2019 to 2025.
There are several reasons for the growth of PEB in India. The first and foremost reason is the ever-increasing demand for infrastructure development in the country. The second reason is the government’s initiatives to promote the use of PEB in various infrastructure projects. The third reason is the increasing awareness among the people about the benefits of PEB.
1. PEB is a cost-effective solution for infrastructure development.
2. PEB is a time-saving solution as it can be assembled quickly.
3. PEB is a eco-friendly solution as it uses less concrete and steel.
4. PEB is a flexible solution as it can be designed as per the specific requirements.
5. PEB is a safe solution as it can withstand extreme weather conditions.
Thus, PEB is the ideal solution for infrastructure development in India.